CBIRT, a center under the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation at the University of Oregon, conducts research and training to improve the lives of children and adults with traumatic brain injury (TBI). CBIRT’s research focuses on developing interventions to improve outcomes related to education, employability, and quality of life. Our training activities promote the use of best practices among educators and other professionals who serve individuals with TBI.
Partners in these endeavors include individuals with TBI, family members, educators and other professionals who serve individuals with TBI, hospitals, and research colleagues throughout the United States and beyond.
Our research interests include:
- hospital-to-school re-entry process,
- educational outcomes of students following TBI,
- school services for students post-TBI,
- interventions to improve social relationships for students with TBI,
- transition of youth with TBI from school to adult roles, and
- systematic instruction in assistive technology to improve outcomes and quality of life for adults with TBI.